Grassroots Suicide Prevention. Is a national charity that provides tailored information on ‘coping with suicidal thoughts’ and ‘helping someone who is suicidal’.
Their site provides links to other resources and organisations that you may find helpful either for yourself or someone else you know.
If you are feeling suicidal or you are concerned about someone else,
- contact your GP
- or the Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90.
Self-Harm – self harm is an expression of distress and not a diagnosable condition in itself.
- Self Harm – Read stories, ask questions get information on self-harm.
- Life Signs – A user led voluntary organisation creating understanding about self-injury.
- Self Harm UK – questions and answers on self-harm
- National Self Harm Network – National Self harm Network with forum
- Harmless – A user led organisation that provides a range of services about self-harm including support, information, training and consultancy to people who self-harm, their friends and families and professionals.
- Recover Your Life
Alternatives to Self-harm
The Royal College of Psychiatrists strive to provide the best outcomes for people with mental illness, learning difficulties and developmental disorders by promoting excellent mental health services, training outstanding psychiatrists and promoting quality and research.
Teen Help is an online community created to give young people a safe place on the internet and where they can truly be listened to.